I am a big fan of the “What’s in your bag?” posts on The Verge, one of my favorite tech websites. It’s always interesting and cool to see what different people carry around with them on a daily basis. In the spirit of those posts, I thought I’d offer everyone a little bit of a variation on that theme and give you a glimpse into my pockets. So here are five things I’m usually carrying around in my pockets.
1. M-Clip Monterey Money Clip. I’ve been through a few money clips in my time and this one is by far the best I’ve ever owned. If you’ve ever used a money clip, you know that the biggest problem and annoyance is that they stretch out. M-Clip solved this issue by accentuating the clip part of the money clip. I’ve had mine for three years and it still works and looks great. It comes in a variety of styles, but my personal favorite is the one with the black croc styling.
2. Zippo Lighter. I’m not a smoker but I often carry around a Zippo lighter. It has come in handy in a variety of situations and well, hey, it’s just kind of cool to be the guy who pulls out a stylish lighter if someone needs one!
3. Swiss Army Pen Knife. A bare bones version of the iconic Swiss Army knife, this little guy has a few very handy features. The small knife isn’t going to cut through rope—or much of anything, for that matter—but the scissors and pen get used fairly frequently. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, it doesn’t take up much pocket space at all and can even be attached to a key chain.
4. Griffin Leather Card Holder. Even though my money clip comes in a Costanza size, I never like to have anything super bulky in my back pocket. So for business cards, metro cards, or stray one dollar bills, I like to use this leather card holder courtesy of my friends at Gorjana & Griffin.
5. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm. This is obviously in my pocket on a daily basis as evidenced by the label being completely rubbed off. As a professional saxophonist, keeping my lips healthy is extremely important. Burt’s Bees is my absolute favorite lip balm.
Shop My Pocket
What are some things you keep in your pockets on a daily basis?
Thanks for reading.
He Spoke Style
Photography by Rob McIver Photo.