Labor Day. A Monday that’s meant to feel like a Sunday. And the unofficial end of summer. I’m going to emphasize the “unofficial” part of that because my pool is staying open for three more weekends and the weather better make it worth my while!
But all kidding aside, although it has been a fantastic summer, I’m quite ready for fall and all of the style-related spoils the change of season brings – like suede jackets and leather bombers.
If you’ve been a hard worker this year, enjoy your day off! And if you haven’t worked that hard, well, you too should enjoy your day off, but not quite as much as the hard workers. Wherever and whyever you’re lounging today, here’s some stuff to help you waste away under the sun.
• Skin fade, undercut, gentleman’s haircut? Well, it turns out my haircut has a new name.
• Are you guilty of any of these footwear faux pas?
• I’d like to think that, in a former life, I was a stylish Italian man of leisure. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be? If you have similar aspirations, here’s a starting point for what to keep in your closet.
• While we lamented the passing of Brooks Brothers Black Fleece, Thom Browne was waxing poetic about imperfection.
• Is this the future of men’s style?
• I remember when Jon Caramanica worked the music beat at The New York Times. We often saw eye to eye on musical matters, but on the perennial summer style question, I’m not sure we’re on the same page.
• I’m all about dressing down a suit (see: tomorrow’s post), but to me, only a couple of these ways to do it seem “completely respectable.”
• If you’re excited about the prospect of Cuba reopening for retro style reasons, you may have missed the boat.
• Summer may almost be over, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that these swimwear styles are here to stay.
• A long holiday weekend in NYC means that nobody is around. The perfect time to sample some of the best brunch spots the Big Apple has to offer.
• I’m not a huge beer guy, but I’ll take a draft cocktail any day of the week.
• Want to show up to work in style after the long weekend? Well, here are some must haves.
• Finally! A 3D printer that can help you furnish your modernist doll house.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your long weekend!
He Spoke Style