How To Fold a Big Pocket Square
If all pocket squares were the same size, this might be the only guide you’d ever need to ensure a stylish fold. However, some of the most beautiful and intricate pocket squares are of the larger variety. If you’ve ever wondered how to fold a big pocket square, this video and post is for you. Watch and read on for two of my favorite ways to fold a big pocket square.
Big Pocket Square Fold No. 1
The first fold is very similar to the Crown Fold as well as what I’ve seen referred to as the Dunaway or One/Two Point Roll Fold. Rather than invent a name or mislabel it, I’m just calling it Big Pocket Square Fold No. 1.
1. Pick up the pocket square by pinching it in the middle.
2. Slide your other hand down to close it up on the bottom.
3. Fold the top up to meet the points, but not so far that they’re even. You want both the points and the pattern of the pocket square to show once you’ve got it in your breast pocket.
4. Place the pocket square in your breast pocket, arrange the points how you’d like, and fluff up the rolled portion.
5. Voila! As always, it’s okay (and often necessary) to adjust the pocket square once it’s in your breast pocket. Practice does not make perfect, unfortunately, but the more you do it, the easier it will become to get it to look exactly as you’d like.
Big Pocket Square Fold No. 2
I consider Big Pocket Square Fold No. 2 a beefier version of the Puff Fold. Here’s how to do it.
1. Start with the pocket square laying on a flat surface.
2. Fold each of the four points in to the center.
3. Grab the pocket square in the center, being sure you’ve got all four points held securely, flip it over and let it drape over your hand.
4. Now for the tricky part, which, unfortunately, we don’t have a photo of. (Please refer to the video for this.) Slide your other hand over the hand holding the pocket square, while pulling down slightly with the hand that is pinching the points together. (Trust me, this is much clearer in the video.) This creates an indented puff.
5. Carefully transfer the pocket square to your other hand, making sure that you keep the points pinched together so the top retains its shape.
6. Place it in your breast pocket and you’re done.
BONUS: A fancy big pocket square fold that’s perfect for spring.
Highly encouraged in the comments: sharing your favorite ways to fold a big pocket square.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel to be the first to see new videos like this! And let us know in the comments what video you’d like to see next.
Thanks for watching.
He Spoke Style